Parents: Please submit this form in order to apply for the AIR Initiative's Native Ways 2 College program, you must submit the information requested below. If you choose not to submit the form, the Native Ways 2 College cannot count your child as a participant.
This form will not become part of your child's school record and is not connected to public school enrollment. This form will be maintained in accordance with federal law regarding family and student privacy in education and will not be released without your written approval.
Any child who meets the following qualifications and resides in Los Angeles County is eligible to be included in this college preparatory program:
Eligibility: Eligible Indian Student or Student means an individual who meets the definition of “Indian” in section 6151 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended. (20 U.S.C. § 7491). Indian means any individual who is
- a member (as defined by the Indian tribe or band) of an Indian tribe or band, including those Indian tribe or bands terminated since 1940, and those recognized by the State in which the tribe or band reside; or
- a descendent in the first or second degree (parent or grandparent) as described in (1); or
- considered by the Secretary of the Interior to be an Indian for any purpose; or
- an Eskimo or Aleut or other Alaska Native; or
- a member of an organized Indian group that received a grant under the Indian Education Act of 1988 as it was in effect October 19, 1994.